First vote on Wilmington hotel tax shift passes 5-1
You-Turn to new life for program’s first grad
Wanna see a wallaby?
School, church may share exits
Police: RNC rallies in Cleveland mostly peaceful, so far
- Clinton County restaurant inspections - 6:32 pm
- First vote on Wilmington hotel tax shift passes 5-1 - 6:16 pm
- Trump’s closer over, Clinton takes spotlight - 6:03 pm
- SSCC launches 22+ Adult HS Diploma program - 6:00 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- You-Turn to new life for program’s first grad - 5:53 pm
- Special Olympics of Clinton County holds team bowling event - 5:24 pm
- Ohio Republicans head home with mixed feelings on Trump - 10:13 am
- GOP convention ends quietly with few arrests after protests - 10:12 am
- The art of finishing well - 7:50 pm
- GOP finale: Trump accepts nomination - 5:52 pm
- Angels Awaiting on cusp of opening - 5:44 pm
- Clinton County Court of Common Pleas sentences six felons - 5:20 pm
- Wanna see a wallaby? - 4:55 pm
- ‘Country Cruze’ to benefit Brett Wightman Memorial Foundation - 4:53 pm
- Wilmington Savings Bank now offers FHA, VA loans - 4:51 pm
- Grateful for Blan police - 4:24 pm
- $10K reward offered for info on slayings of 8 Ohio relatives - 2:39 pm
- The latest: Trump lands, Pence prepares - 6:16 pm
- Clinton County Municipal Court sentences - 6:08 pm
- Providing second chances: Clean Acres a sober-living home, farm for men - 6:04 pm
- School, church may share exits - 5:01 pm
- Tomadah Paradah highlights ‘Bigger Is Better’ - 11:43 am
- CMH community education event on head injuries, concussions - 11:27 am
- Wilmington police investigate abuse case - 6:27 pm
- Clinton County Sheriff’s Office crime reports - 5:47 pm
- Republican platform tacks right on social issues - 5:44 pm
- 2016 fair: A look back - 5:34 pm
- Trump seeks to steady GOP convention after plagiarism charge - 5:33 pm
- Rollins gives back - 5:04 pm
- New York to host debate after WSU bows out - 3:36 pm
- Wright State withdraws from hosting presidential debate - 2:27 pm
- Cochran, Hurtt awarded Boyer scholarship - 1:38 pm
- Quallens earn Dean Awards for dairy - 12:59 pm
- Cooking 150 thank-you hamburgers - 11:50 am
- Curtis, Shutts win Best of Show - 11:24 am
- Moore shows reserve dairy doe - 11:14 am
- Outstanding hog project garners $750 - 11:14 am
- Police: RNC rallies in Cleveland mostly peaceful, so far - 9:25 am
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:48 pm
- Market Beef Reserve Champion - 4:22 pm
- Feeder Calf Reserve Champion - 4:20 pm
- More grand winners at the fair - 4:18 pm
- Grand champions all - 4:15 pm
- Groups rally for, against Trump at GOP convention - 4:03 pm
- Reserve market lamb fetches $3,050 - 3:22 pm
- Reserve homegrown lamb brings $875 - 2:55 pm
- Reserve market hog raises $1,450 - 2:38 pm
- Rotary welcomes Fellows, presents check - 2:15 pm updated: 2:19 pm.
- Fair’s Fancy PoultryShow - 1:14 pm
- Champion homegrown goat brings $600 - 11:40 am
GOP finale: Trump accepts nomination
It was Donald Trump’s moment to make his case to the country — and to the many rattled doubters in his own party.The most important speech...
Angels Awaiting on cusp of opening
WILMINGTON — A new, local maternity home for homeless, pregnant teenagers is one step away from opening and taking in those in need. It only nee...
Clinton County Court of Common Pleas sentences six felons
WILMINGTON — This report is compiled from a criminal case disposition report provided by the Clinton County Clerk of Courts. The following cases...
Wanna see a wallaby?
Sydney Bennett, 9, right, pets a female wallaby, 7, during a presentation Thursday at the Wilmington Public Library given by Bob Heyob, left, of Horse...
‘Country Cruze’ to benefit Brett Wightman Memorial Foundation
SABINA — Proceeds from this Saturday’s “Country Cruze for a Cause” will go to the Brett Wightman Memorial Foundation, which an...
Wilmington Savings Bank now offers FHA, VA loans
WILMINGTON – In addition to more traditional home loans, hometown community bank Wilmington Savings Bank is also now offering FHA and VA loans. ...
Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with Brickyard 400 win
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Kyle Busch won the Brickyard 400 on Sunday to make it clean sweep at Indianapolis.He led a race-record 149 of the 170 laps a...
Aussies won’t move to Rio village yet; power, plumbing fears
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — The head of Australia’s delegation said Sunday its 700 athletes and staff would not move into rooms at the Rio de Ja...
White Sox suspend top pitcher Chris Sale for 5 days
CHICAGO (AP) — The Chicago White Sox suspended ace Chris Sale five days without pay for destroying collared throwback uniforms the team was sche...
Ken Griffey Jr and Mike Piazza set to enter Hall of Fame
COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. (AP) — When they were drafted nearly three decades ago, one was on everybody’s baseball radar, the other a blip at best,...
Votto hits 3-run HR, Reds beat slumping Diamondbacks 6-2
CINCINNATI (AP) — Joey Votto extended his post-All Star break surge with a three-run homer, and Dan Straily pitched six innings on Friday night,...
NFL to review domestic violence allegations against Elliott
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The NFL says it is reviewing domestic violence allegations against Dallas Cowboys rookie Ezekiel Elliott.A police report s...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Camps to celebrate 55th anniversary
Mr. and Mrs. Charles “Bob” and Shirley Slimp Camp will celebrate their 55th wedding anniversary on Saturday, June 25.They were married at ...
Gwen Smith arrives
A girl, Gwen Smith, was born at 1:21 a.m. Nov. 11, 2015 to Laura (Geer) Smith and Kasey Smith at Miami Valley South. She weighed 9 pounds, 10.5 ounces...
Grayson Lee McGraw arrives
Jeremy and Samantha McGraw of New Vienna are proud to announce the birth of their second child, Grayson Lee, born May 22, 2016. He weighed 7 pounds, 6...
Isaac Michael Hanenkrat arrives
Zachary Hanenkrat and Bethany (Bogan) Hanenkrat are excited to announce the birth of their son, Isaac Michael, born May 10 at 3:39 p.m. at Miami Valle...
Maxine Summers Kuhns celebrates 100th
Friends, family and community members celebrated in grand style the 100th birthday of lifelong Wilmington resident Maxine Summers Kuhns on Sunday, Jun...
Williamsons celebrate 70 years
WILMINGTON — John and Marie Williamson will celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary with an open house on Sunday, June 26 from 2 to 4 p.m. at t...
Lessons are learned “from away”
Serving the church as a Discipleship Minister is challenging. My job is to follow the example set in scripture by organizing times for the study of Go...
The day the great one died
It has been more than a month since the late, great Muhammad Ali passed away, but as I watched the ESPY awards Wednesday night and saw him remembered ...
Portman works to promote U.S. industry
I have been a Wilmington City Councilman since 2001 … during both good times and times that were not so good.In 2008, DHL cut 9,500 jobs in the ...
Melvin Oliver: Bee man extraordinaire
The John Deere started right up after a long winter in the garage. There wasn’t a cloud in the blue sky, and the lawn tractor was purring. So wa...
Now’s the time to get a passport
Every year, millions of Americans travel overseas for work or family vacations. Those with plans to travel outside of our borders for the first time w...
Little Flower Photography blooms by a ‘little way’
WILMINGTON — Inspired by “personal faith and genuine spirit and after five years of work and passion” Little Flower Photography R...
ATSG to repurchase $50M common shares
WILMINGTON – Air Transport Services Group, Inc. announced that it has agreed to repurchase $50 million of its common shares at $13.07 per share ...
Nutrition on tap at 1572 Roadhouse BBQ
A new restaurant offers bold flavor and unique atmosphere at the Renaissance Festival, opening the weekend of June 17.Is it true that beer can be nutr...
Glass Roots Studio to sell handcrafted items
VERNON TOWNSHIP — Her lifetime desire to learn stained glass came true for Wilmington-area resident Mary Eason.“That’s the day I fou...
Wilmington welcomes SC Boats
The Wilmington-Clinton County Chamber of Commerce recently held a ribbon-cutting at SC Boats in celebration of their new Wilmington location at 185 Pa...