AKRON, Ohio (AP) — A father and son who apparently overdosed on the powerful narcotic fentanyl have been found dead in Ohio.
An investigator with the Summit County medical examiner’s office said Tuesday that the bodies of 64-year-old Thomas Nash and 46-year-old Vincent Nash were discovered Feb. 17 in the attic of an Akron boarding house. Investigator Gary Guenther says syringes and a bag containing fentanyl were found near the men and there were no signs of foul play.
Ohio authorities have been warning drug users for months about the dangers of fentanyl, a painkiller far more potent than heroin and other opioid-type drugs that’s been blamed for the rise in fatal overdoses.
A medical examiner in Cleveland said last week that there’s evidence that fentanyl sold in Ohio is manufactured in China.