WILMINGTON — The following report is generated from reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those arrested are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. Incidents are presumed to be under investigation. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Wilmington police recently received the following reports:
• A West Sugartree Street man reported that his 1998 white GMC Jimmy was stolen Tuesday after midnight along with $6,000 worth of tools. Keys to the vehicle were reportedly stolen from the man’s home.
• A Garmin GPS was reported stolen Monday, April 25, from a vehicle parked on North South Street.
• Police began searching for a Wilmington man for alleged domestic assault. Charges were filed, but the man had yet to be found.
• Police responded to reports of thefts at a Progress Way business on April 21 and 24. In both thefts, a man allegedly took a $650 computer, removed the security device and left without paying for the computer. The business first reported the thefts to police Monday, April 25.
• Three juveniles were transported to school after police responded to a report of a disturbance and found the three juveniles on the bike trail Friday morning during school hours.
• Monday, officers responded to a domestic situation in which a woman said a man smacked her, punched holes in the wall and tried to set himself on fire.
• Thursday, April 28, an assault was reported at Holmes Elementary School.
• Officers responded to reports of a fight Wednesday night at the intersection of John and Center streets between four men. One of the men allegedly ran, and the other three told officers everything was OK at the time.
• Two wicker chairs were reported stolen Monday from a Kathryn Drive home.
• A Prairie Avenue woman reported the theft of about $1,000 from her home on Monday.
Wilmington police recently arrested or charged the following people:
• Ronald Cantrell, 54, of Springfield, for alleged theft from a Progress Way business on Friday.
• Paul Smith, 44, of Wilmington, for allegedly possessing drug abuse instruments on Saturday.
• Janson Nace, 25, of Wilmington, for alleged probation violation. Nace, who was arrested Monday, April 25, was recently charged with a second-degree felony for allegedly assaulting a juvenile.
• Zachary King, 30, of Wilmington, for alleged theft from a Progress Way business Tuesday, April 26.
• Darren McGrew, 22, of New Vienna, for alleged theft from a Rombach Avenue business on Wednesday, April 27.
• Kelly Fultz, 29, of Wilmington, for alleged theft from a Howard Street home on Wednesday, April 27.
• Christopher Sanfrey, 25, of Wilmington for alleged theft from a Howard Street home on Wednesday, April 27.
• A Wilmington juvenile was arrested for alleged domestic violence and taken to a detention center on Thursday, April 28.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.