WILMINGTON— The Wilmington High School May Students of the Month:
• The Business Department recognizes Maddy Hodge for the time and effort she invests into her work in order to ensure that it is thorough and of the highest quality. Maddy is patient with others and investigates to solve problems. She serves as an example to others and is certain to succeed as she graduates from WHS.•
• The English Department recognizes Derrick Wilson for his positive spirit that shines among his peers and for his work ethic that fosters his success and achievement. His positive influences enhances the school community.
• The Social Studies Department recognizes Jaycob Reynolds for his willingness to participate in class activities, his ability to work well with others, and his continuous positive attitude.
• The Science Department recognizes Emily Kelly for her consistent efforts throughout the year. Emily has become more outgoing in class, and her determination to persevere in any situation has made her an excellent role model for her classmates.
• The Art Department recognizes Harrison Law for his determination and work ethic. He begins class prepared to achieve thoughtful and creative artwork. He is an individual “thinker” and comes up with unique ideas as he employs his craft. He is also known for his kind-heartedness and helpfulness to others.
• The Math Department recognizes Lucinda Noren for gaining the confidence to participate in class. She is a top notch math student who is an asset and positive influence during class.
• The FFA recognizes Ridge Beam for his accomplishment in finishing third in the State of Ohio at the FFA State Convention. Where he competed in the category of Wildlife Management. His work is currently on display at the Cherrybend Pheasant Farm.
• The Foreign Language Department recognizes Destiny Litton for her commitment in coming to class prepared and ready to learn and for performing well on her assessments. Her commitment has been a positive influence in class.
• The Choir Department recognizes Averi Vance for her consistent and diligent work ethic. She takes pride in making certain her section is performing its music correctly. She also did an outstanding job serving her classmates as this year’s president of the Wilmingtones.
• The Band Program recognizes Sean Kachelmeier for his passion for music. During his senior year, Sean has performed in the marching band, symphonic band wind ensemble, and jazz band. He has also served as a student aide and music librarian for the band program. Sean knows the program very well and his work behind the scenes is the reason many things get accomplished during the busiest time of the year. Sean is a terrific musician and is certain to succeed as he graduates from WHS.
• The Theatre Department recognizes Hannah Satchwell and her work in Acting 2 that has been a showcase of what happens when natural talent, enthusiasm for the subject, and hard work come together. All of her acting pieces have been thoughtful and creative, and all of her characters — especially the improvised ones — have been unique and often time hilarious. She is certain to do well in her future endeavors.
• The ESE Department recognizes Erik Powell for all of his hard work. He has worked consistently and loves to be social with all of his classmates and friends. He has excelled in jobs class by being able to do jobs independently without having to be supervised.
Information for this article was provided by Diana Miller who coordinates communications for several area schools.