WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently:
• Flints Concessions, 4541 State Route 72 South, Sabina, June 1. No handwashing sign at hand sink.
• Thousand Trails Chuckwagon, 1786 State Route 380, Wilmington, May 27. No violations noted.
• Thousand Trails Canteen, 1786 State Route 380, Wilmington, May 27. No violations noted.
• Trula’s General Store, 384 West State Route 350, Wilmington, May 25. No violations noted.
• Cowan Lake State Park Commissary, 1756 Osborn Road, Wilmington, May 26. Bacon in reach-in cooler was dated April 25. Pizza cheese in cooler was dated May 7. Pizza sauce in cooler was labelled “gravy” and dated April 24. Ice cream cooler/display had non-working, non-shatter proof lights. Cob web on vent hood over food prep area. Flooring starting to come up between kitchen and food prep area. Paint peeling on ceiling by hood in the kitchen.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.