TIPP CITY, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say an estimated $1 million in inventory was lost in a bookstore fire that broke out twice within a few hours and injured three people in southwestern Ohio.
Firefighters say a firefighter and two people inside the building in Tipp City, about 25 miles north of Dayton, were taken to hospitals for treatment of smoke inhalation. Fire officials say electrical wiring is believed to have caused the blaze that rekindled Tuesday after it was first reported Monday night.
Officials said occupants of an upstairs apartment were initially trapped Tuesday, but police were able to talk them out a window and down a fire escape.
The Dayton Daily News reports the building built in 1871 is in an historic district in the National Park Service’s National Register of Historic Places.