WILMINGTON — The following report is generated from reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those arrested are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. Incidents are presumed to be under investigation. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Wilmington police recently received the following reports:
• Shots were reportedly heard on the 200 block of B Street Thursday after someone tried to make contact with an unknown person in a suspicious vehicle. Police patrolled the area but found no one.
• Shots were reportedly heard on the 0-99 block of A Street Saturday after the noise woke up a resident. Police were unable to locate the source of the noise. Residents in the area reported what sounded like items being thrown at a house.
• A 100-block Newham Street resident reported a burglary Friday in which someone entered through an open window after pushing in the screen. A $500 ring, $200 ring and $20 necklace were reported stolen.
• A burglary was reported in the 200 block of West Sugartree Street on Saturday. A tool box and tools valued at $1,000, a handmade crossbow and a jewelry box, pocket knives and silverware valued together at $1,000 were reported missing.
• A 900-block Xenia Avenue resident reported the theft of her purse from her car sometime Wednesday night or Thursday morning.
• A West Locust Street resident reported an alleged assault at Galvin Park on Wednesday.
• A Doan Street apartment resident reported the theft of six solar lights on Tuesday, July 19.
• A Wilmington man reported the theft of a homemade trailer from his business on the 800 block of South South Street on Tuesday, July 19.
• Also on Tuesday, July 19, a resident of the 200 block of North Lincoln Street reported the theft of $50 cash and her food stamps card.
Wilmington police recently arrested or charged the following people:
• Stephen Gregory, 26, of Dayton, on a warrant alleging burglary and failure to appear for a non-support of a dependent charge. Gregory was allegedly arrested Sunday afternoon on the 400 block of Paris Avenue.
• Shawn Adams, 38, of Martinsville, for allegedly driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs early Monday morning on the 600 block of West Locust Street.
• Halona Wisecup, 18, of Wilmington, for alleged underage consumption on the 200 block of South Mulberry Street on Sunday.
• Edward Roberts Jr., 39, of Wilmington, for allegedly possessing drug abuse instruments Saturday night on the zero-to-99 block of South Mulberry Street.
• Tyler Rice, 23, of Blanchester, for allegedly driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol on the 200 block of South Nelson Avenue on Friday night.
• Jennifer McCauley, 45, of Wilmington, for alleged trespassing, resisting arrest, assaulting a peace officer and disorderly conduct on the 300 block of East Main Street on Tuesday, July 19.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.