WILMINGTON — This report is compiled from a criminal case disposition report provided by the Clinton County Clerk of Courts. The following cases were heard in Clinton County Common Pleas Court, presided over by Judge John W. “Tim” Rudduck and his magistrates.
Listed below are a defendant’s name, age, their town of residence, the crime the defendant was found guilty of, the degree of felony and the terms of the sentence. Felonies are ranked from F1 (most serious) to F5 (least serious). Defendants found guilty also must pay court costs, but those amounts aren’t included in the disposition report.
The following people were sentenced in Clinton County Court of Common Pleas between July 18 and July 29:
• Gloria Grooms, 54, of Wilmington, burglary (F3), sentenced nine months prison (credit given for 22 days served). A separate charge of burglary and charges of theft of drugs and safecracking against Grooms were dismissed.
• In another case, Grooms was sentenced for trafficking in marijuana (F4), sentenced nine months prison (credit given for nine days served), ordered to pay $165 to the Greater Warren County Drug Task Force for lab fees and buy money, contraband was forfeited and Grooms’ license was suspended for six months. A separate charge of trafficking in marijuana against Grooms was dismissed.
• Kyle Hensley, 36, of Clarksville, operating a vehicle under the influence (F4), sentenced 12 months prison (credit given for 10 days served), driver’s license suspended for 10 years, pay $1,350 fine. A charge of failure to comply against Hensley was dismissed.
• Brandon Tedrick, 29, of Westboro, possession of heroin (F5), sentenced nine months prison (credit given for 12 days served), driver’s license suspended six months, contraband forfeited. Charges of possession of drugs and aggravated possession of drugs against Tedrick were dismissed.
• In another case, Tedrick was sentenced for vandalism (F5), community controls were revoked and Tedrick was sentenced to six months prison. The charge was from 2015.
• Baron Shelley, 22, of Beavercreek, illegal assembly or possession of chemicals for the manufacture of drugs (F3), sentenced three years prison (credit given for 50 days served), driver’s license suspended one year, contraband forfeited.
• Derrick Spurlock, 27, of Wilmington, trafficking in heroin (F5), community controls revoked, nine months prison (credit given for 26 days served). A separate charge of trafficking in heroin against Spurlock was dismissed.
• Nicholas Wallace, 33, of Martinsville, aggravated possession of drugs (F5), driver’s license suspended six months, pay $35 restitution to the Ohio State Highway Patrol for lab costs. A six-month jail sentence against Wallace was suspended.
• James Higgason, 26, of Wilmington, aggravated possession of drugs (F5), sentenced two years community controls, contraband forfeited. A six-month jail sentence against Higgason was suspended.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.