CHILLICOTHE — The Wilmington High School tennis team avenged an early-season loss to Chillicothe Monday in South Central Ohio League action on the road.
The Lady Hurricane were victorious 3-2 on Monday. Chillicothe won at WHS 4-1 earlier in the season.
Wilmington is now 12-5 overall and 10-2 in league play. Wilmington won all six of its league matches in the second half of the season, five of those coming on the road.
Chillicothe is 11-1 in the league while Washington is third at 9-3
Katie Schroeder and Brooklyn Nielsen were both defeated the first time around but came out on top in this match. Nielsen rallied from a first set loss to post an 0-6, 6-2, 6-2 win at third singles.
Emily Davis and Kalista Adkins are 16-3 on the year, the most doubles wins in a season since the pairing of Dericka Culberson and Kourtney Johnston were 16-3 at first doubles in 2012.
October 3, 2016
@Chillicothe High School
Wilmington 3 Chillicothe 2
• Katie Schroeder def Madelin Diggers 6-2, 6-4
• Sophie Reed was def by Carlyn McCloy 3-6, 0-6
• Brooklyn Nielsen def Natalie Drotleff 0-6, 6-2, 6-2
• Veronica Ilg, Emma Schroeder were def by Jera Copley, Brittany Harper 3-6, 2-6
• Emily Davis, Kalista Adkins def Heidi Arth, Ali Gossman 6-3, 6-2