Opening Week Highlights • April 6-10 • Reds vs. Phillies & Pirates
Opening Night – Wednesday, April 6 – Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies, 7:10 p.m. (gates open at 5:10 p.m.)
• Reds in the Fan Zone: Reds players and coaches will walk the red carpet in the Kroger Fan Zone to meet and greet with fans starting at 5:30 p.m.
• 2016 Reds Calendar: The first 20,000 fans will receive a 2016 Reds Team Calendar, presented by Kroger.
• Thomas More Women’s Basketball Team: Members of the Thomas More College women’s basketball program will be honored during pregame ceremonies for winning their second straight NCAA Division III title. They will also be the recipient of a Reds Country Athletic Achievement Award.
• National Anthem: Lebanon, Ohio native and 2015 American Idol contestant Jess Lamb will sing the National Anthem accompanied by bandmate Kasey Williams on acoustic guitar.
• Game Ball Delivery: Miss Ohio USA 2016 Megan Wise and Miss Ohio Teen USA 2016 Olivia Turk will deliver the official game ball. They will also walk the red carpet in the Kroger Fan Zone before the game.
• Live Music: 80’s cover band The Rusty Griswolds will perform from a stage on the right field porch during inning breaks and after the game. The band will also serve as the Honorary Captains of the game.
• Post-game fireworks: The Rusty Griswolds will play live during the post-game fireworks show featuring Rozzi’s Famous Fireworks presented by Kroger Reds Home Team Brand.
Thursday, April 7 – Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies, 12:35 p.m. (Opening Series presented by Cincinnati Bell)
• FC Cincinnati: Players and coaches of FC Cincinnati will be introduced during pregame ceremonies. Cincinnati native and FC Cincinnati defender Austin Berry will offer up a ceremonial first pitch. FC Cincinnati’s home United Soccer League opener is Saturday, April 9 (7 p.m.) vs. Charlotte Independence at Nippert Stadium.
Friday, April 8 – Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 7:10 p.m.
• Fireworks Friday: Post-game fireworks show starting approximately 10 minutes after the end of the game, presented by T-Mobile.
• 2016 Magnet Schedule & Car Magnet: Free 2016 magnetic schedule featuring Billy Hamilton and a Mr. Redlegs car magnet to the first 20,000 fans, presented by PNC Bank.
Saturday, April 9 – Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 1:10 p.m.
• Fleece Blanket: As part of Super Saturdays, free “Get your ‘stache on” fleece blanket to the first 20,000 fans, presented by Coca-Cola.
NEW! Kids Opening Day – Sunday, April 10 – Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 1:10 p.m.
• Kids Opening Day: The inaugural Kids Opening Day presented by Frisch’s Big Boy will replicate the excitement of Opening Day “kids style” with special activities planned for kids and families. Many of the pregame and in-game ceremonies will be performed by kids and young fans.
• Baseball Cap Giveaway: All fans 14 and younger will receive a free Kids Opening Day baseball cap, presented by Frisch’s Big Boy.
• Block Party: All fans are invited to a free pregame block party on Joe Nuxhall Way and Freedom Way beginning at 10:30 a.m. that will feature activities for the entire family including:
– Mascots from local sports teams, colleges, universities and businesses
– Displays and activities from the Cincinnati Museum Center, Cincinnati Zoo, Newport Aquarium, Buddy Rodgers Music, Kentucky Speedway, Cincinnati Fire Dept., Cincinnati Police Dept. and more
– “Red carpet parade” featuring mascots starting at 12:20 p.m.
– Photos with Cleatus, the FOX Sports robot
– Performances by the Zooperstars (as seen on America’s Got Talent)
– Miniature horses courtesy of Seven Oaks Farm
– Strongman Sean McCarthy lifting a car
– Reds Baseball Camps offering free instructional tips
– Hair braiding courtesy of Blown Blow Dry Studio (in Kroger Fan Zone)
– For discount tickets and additional details visit reds.com/KidsOpeningDay
• Cincinnati Enquirer: Pregame ceremonies will honor the Cincinnati Enquirer’s 175th anniversary and Enquirer president and publisher Rick Green will throw out a ceremonial first pitch.
• Kids-Only Run the Bases: Kids of all ages can line up after the game to run the bases.
Ticket Offers For This Homestand:
• Business Day Special: For all 12:35 p.m. weekday Paycor Business Day Special games, get a View Level seat loaded with $10 in concession credits for just $20: reds.com/SkipWork
• Senior Citizen Special: For select games (including April 7) fans 60 and older may purchase select non-premium tickets at half-price in advance of game day only: reds.com/Seniors. Excludes Dugout Box, Upper View Level, Value View and Kroger Bleachers. Subject to availability.
• Thirsty Thursdays: For all Thursday Reds home games fans can purchase a $30 package that includes a Field Box ticket and a $10 concession credit valid for food and beverages. Available only at reds.com/Thursday
• Family Sunday: For every Sunday home game, families can get up to three half-price tickets with purchase of a full-price ticket, presented by Klosterman Bakery: reds.com/Family
Reds Hall of Fame & Museum
• Jim Maloney Bobblehead: The Reds Hall of Fame & Museum’s collectible gift program continues in 2016 with a series of five Reds Hall of Famer bobbleheads, presented by Dinsmore & Shohl LLP. The first bobblehead in the series features Reds Hall of Famer Jim Maloney. The bobbleheads are free with regular-price museum admission (or a Scotts Great American Ball Park tour) Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays throughout the month of April, while supplies last.