CLINTON COUNTY — Thirty-four high school seniors have been nominated for the 2016 Wilmington News Journal Clinton County Scholar-Athlete Award. The winners will be announced June 2 at the Expo Center at the Clinton County Fairgrounds.
In addition, the 2016 class of the Clinton County Sports Hall of Fame will be inducted that night.
The newest members of the Hall of Fame will be Bill Huffman, Kurt Blohm, Gary Newsome, Dale Hillard and Jennifer Caldwell Iapichino, along with posthumous inductees Charles Murphy and Kroger Babb.
The Clinton County Sports Hall of Fame website is http://clintoncountysportshalloffame.weebly.com/.
The winner of the Scholar-Athlete award will receive a $500 award.
To be eligible for the $500 award, student-athletes must be a senior; must participate in at least two varsity sports during their senior year OR earn four varsity letters in a single sport during their high school career; must be involved in community, school and/or church activities that reflect a sense of loyalty and citizenship; and must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
A panel organized by the News Journal judged each nominee based solely on the nomination form.
Previous winners of the scholar-athlete award are: Travis Jackson and Jordanne Finley in 2012; Colt Briggs in 2013; Bayle Wolf and Logan Frederick in 2014; and Ian Henson and Logan Frederick in 2015.
The scholar-athlete nominees, and their nominating coaches, are:
Wilmington High School
• Bryah Arehart (nominating coach Kerry Lewis)
• Megan Borton (nominating coach Roger Ilg)
• Allister Brausch (nominating coach Kelly Tolliver)
• Allison Brooks (nominating coach Doug Cooper)
• Austin Carey (nominating coach Mitchell Hopf)
• Je’Taysia Johns (nominating coach Glen Blessing)
• Brooklyn Keaton (nominating coach Jordan Watson)
• Sawyer Kratzer (nominating coach Joe Davis)
• Alyssa Lewis (nominating coach Mitchell Hopf)
• Brady McCune (nominating coach Scott Killen)
• Alex Miller (nominating coaches Rick Kneisel and Michael Noszka)
Clinton-Massie High School
• Margo Brooker (nominating coach Kacie Jenkins)
• Hunter Fentress (nominating coach Dustin Eads)
• Mallory Homan (nominating coach Dean Richardson)
• Miquela Santoro (nominating coach Carlos Roberts)
• Davey Tunon (nominating coach Spencer Running)
Blanchester High School
• Tristan Culberson (nominating coach Bennie Carroll)
• Kayla Dugger (nominating coach Scott Shepard)
• Audrey Jordan (nominating coach Kurt Ballinger)
• Alec Richardson (nominating coach Adam Weber)
• Daulton Stevens (nominating coach Aaron Lawson and Troy Ballinger)
East Clinton High School
• Brian Barnes (nominating coach Tony Berlin)
• Jon Blair (nominating coach Mike Deters)
• Cameron Bloch (nominating coach Doug Stehlin)
• Nathan Crouch (nominating coach Matt Griffith)
• Samantha Gaddis (nominating coach Michael Fritz)
• Alexis Haines (nominating coach Sarah Sodini)
• Josh Jones (nominating coach Steven Sodini)
• Derick “DJ” Luttrell (nominating coach James Huff)
• Paul Luttrell (nominating coach Bill Hrabak)
• Erik Moore (nominating coach Jeremy Yankey)
• Tressana Osborne (nominating coach Adam Boysel)
• Allison Tong (nominating coach Steve Gerber)
• Marissa Williams (nominating coach Spencer Powell)
Reach Mark Huber at 937-556-5765, or on Twitter @wnjsports