Wilmington man who robbed neighbor gets 4-year term
Ag Secretary visits town
Police: 15-year-old arrested for one CM incident; 9-year-old confesses to another
Going to work vs. assault
CM: A growth mindset helps students see possibilities
- Clinton County August marriage licenses - 6:33 pm
- Clarksville Family Care opens Saturday - 5:33 pm
- Wilmington man who robbed neighbor gets 4-year term - 5:24 pm
- State: Audit finds more illegal spending in Village of Martinsville - 5:23 pm
- What to know about prostate cancer - 4:46 pm
- Raising funds for dog park - 3:26 pm
- Recycle and be ‘Culprit of the Week’ - 12:11 pm
- Debate Takeaways: Clinton gets under Trump’s skin in debate - 10:16 am
- Just say no to Narcan? Heroin rescue efforts draw backlash - 5:58 pm
- BPD: Blan man arrested, assaulted up to 3 citizens - 5:26 pm
- Oktober in September - 4:54 pm
- Ohio gas prices fall; remain below national average - 4:52 pm
- CVB earns six marketing awards - 3:36 pm
- High-schoolers can ‘attack’ the ACT - 2:43 pm
- Monday fire damages house - 1:49 pm
- CC Democrats hold fall dinner - 1:23 pm
- Analysis: For Clinton and Trump, first debate could be a last chance to change voters’ minds - 10:51 am
- CCSO: Stops lead to chase, possible drug items - 6:23 pm
- Cleaner, more efficient trash collection set - 6:12 pm
- City: Temp tax best option - 6:01 pm
- Muse Machine at WMS - 5:46 pm
- Church of God places first in CANstruction - 12:16 pm
- WPD week: 26 arrests made - 6:55 pm
- The continuing message of 9-11 - 6:45 pm updated: 6:45 pm.
- New chapter, new business begins - 6:43 pm
- Hero’s Concert features Lonestar - 6:04 pm
- Feast at festive Fiesta Veracruz - 5:45 pm
- Ag Secretary visits town - 5:35 pm
- Main Street Wilmington names interim directors - 4:59 pm
- GOP opens local headquarters - 2:52 pm
- CMHS senior earns Math Medal - 1:56 pm
- Police: 15-year-old arrested for one CM incident; 9-year-old confesses to another - 12:34 pm updated: 4:38 pm.
- Going to work vs. assault - 7:38 pm
- Clinton County eateries inspected - 6:32 pm
- Trump, Clinton decry latest shootings - 6:30 pm
- AAA: Gas prices on rise this week - 5:39 pm
- Welcoming Buckingham Financial - 3:25 pm
- County GOP holds fall picnic - 2:17 pm
- Another threat, evacuations at Massie - 1:33 pm updated: 4:24 pm.
- Clinton County’s mural mania grows - 6:33 pm
- CM: A growth mindset helps students see possibilities - 6:18 pm
- Family Oktoberfest set for weekend - 5:57 pm
- City plans to ‘pump up’ park space - 5:53 pm
- Honor Flight: One more tour with honor - 5:51 pm updated: 6:34 pm.
- Show of thanks for local veterans - 4:27 pm
- Another CM threat, this one at elementary - 4:05 pm
- Welcoming Sensory Spot - 3:12 pm
- A Slingshot toward new business - 11:58 am updated: 4:58 pm.
- 524k Ohio absentee ballots requested, 40k more than 2012 - 10:15 am
- Honor Flight: One more tour of honor - 5:52 pm updated: 7:18 am.
BPD: Blan man arrested, assaulted up to 3 citizens
BLANCHESTER —A Blanchester man was arrested after he allegedly assaulted up to three men, then threatened an officer, BPD Chief Scott Reinbolt r...
Oktober in September
Locals attending Oktoberfest on Saturday got to hear the Polka King, David Hughes, play some songs for them as they enjoyed the festivities.Jeff Umste...
Ohio gas prices fall; remain below national average
COLUMBUS (AP) — Gas prices in Ohio continue to fall, while the average price in the state also remains below the national average.The average pr...
CVB earns six marketing awards
LANCASTER, OHIO — The Clinton County Convention & Visitors Bureau (CCCVB) walked away with six awards at The Ohio Association of Convention ...
High-schoolers can ‘attack’ the ACT
CLINTON COUNTY — High school juniors and seniors from area school districts wasted no time in getting a head start on planning for college by sp...
Monday fire damages house
Wilmington Fire and Police departments responded to a house fire at the 100 block of Josephine Street around 6:24 a.m. Monday. Fire Chief Andy Mason s...
Make it 6 in a row, 8 of 9 for BHS girls tennis
BETHEL — For the eighth time in the last nine years and the sixth consecutive year, the Blanchester girls tennis program reigns supreme over the...
Wilmington tennis blanks East Clinton 5-0
LEES CREEK — The Wilmington High School tennis team defeated East Clinton 5-0 Tuesday in a South Central Ohio League match on the EC courts.It w...
Massie tramples Trace on new MT tennis courts 5-0
EBER — The Clinton-Massie tennis team wrapped up its regular season with a 5-0 win over Miami Trace Tuesday on the new courts at MTHS in South C...
Wildcats golf season ends at Reid Park
SPRINGFIELD — The Blanchester golf season ended Tuesday in the Div. II Springfield Sectional tournament at Reid Park Golf Course.The Wildcats se...
Bengals think they’re better with volatile Burfict back
CINCINNATI (AP) — The Bengals aren’t sure how many plays they’ll get out of linebacker Vontaze Burfict in his first game back from a...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Taylors welcome addition to family
Jacob Wilbe Taylor was born on June 24, 2016 at the Miami Valley Hospital to Mara and James Taylor of Sabina.Jacob also joins a brother, Jace Michael ...
Nellie Ashmore of Wilmington, daughter of Guy and Sandy Ashmore of Clarksville, and Joel Hogle of Wilmington, son of Gary Hogle and Barb Lahman of Nor...
Howells to celebrate 50th anniversary
Leroy and Bonnie Bradley Howell of Sabina are observing their 50th wedding anniversary.Mr. and Mrs. Howell were married on Aug. 15, 1966 in Sabina.The...
Stephens’ 65th anniversary on Friday
Cy and Joan Stephens of Wilmington will celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary on Friday, Aug. 12.Mr. Stephens and the former Joan DeVoe were marrie...
Jessica Ann Bowman of Tampa, Florida and John Daniel Bozolo of Tampa were married June 25, 2016 at Eagles Golf Club in Odessa, Florida by Pastor Brian...
Paul and Jill Hall of Williamsburg announce the engagement and upcoming marriage of their daughter, Anna Katherine, to Dr. Andrew Stroud, son of Kevin...
Workforce development a key
Many of the bills passed by the legislature and signed by the governor earlier this year have recently gone into effect. One of those pieces of legisl...
Apology from motorist accepted
This is a follow-up letter to the one I wrote when I was almost hit by a car on Rombach at the Kroger entrance. Today in the mail I received a card fr...
Democrats are party of the people
The Democratic Party is the party for and of the people. The Republican Party is now controlled by the super-rich.Hillary Clinton has worked for the b...
Carfentanil deadly, even to the touch
Carfentanil is an analogue of the popular synthetic opioid analgesic fentanyl, and is a Schedule II drug. It is most often used as a general anestheti...
Hillary’s health, Trump’s racism
For daring to ask Hillary Clinton several questions and follow-up questions about her disregard for national security in regard to her use of private ...
Welcoming Buckingham Financial
The Wilmington-Clinton County Chamber of Commerce welcomed Buckingham Financial Group into our community with a grand opening and ribbon-cutting on Th...
Welcoming Sensory Spot
The Wilmington-Clinton County Chamber of Commerce welcomed Sensory Spot into Clinton County on Saturday, Sept. 17 with an open house and ribbon-cuttin...
Gotta Have It Flooring to make debut
WILMINGTON — The Wilmington-Clinton County Chamber of Commerce helps bring Gotta Have It Flooring into the community with a grand opening celebr...
WNJ welcomes new reporter
Wilmington native John Hamilton has joined the News Journal as a reporter.He previously served as a reporter for the Wapakoneta (Ohio) Daily News, cov...
Dr. Goddard joins Beacon Orthopaedics
WILMINGTON — Beacon Orthopaedics has welcomed Dr. Nicole Goddard, a board-certified, fellowship-trained sports medicine specialist. She has work...
HACC honors scholarship winners
The Health Alliance of Clinton County announced last week the recipients of this year’s scholarship: Jennifer Sparks, MA at East Clinton Medical...