WILMINGTON — The following report is generated from reports provided by the Clinton County Sheriff’s Office. All those arrested are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. Incidents are presumed to be under investigation. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Sheriff’s deputies recently received the following reports:
• After a reported possible overdose on Tuesday, August 2, on Pansy Road in Vernon Township, deputies found a tin containing white powder in the pocket of the man believed to have overdosed. According to the report, the man allegedly admitted the powder was meth. The powder was sent to a crime lab for testing.
• Suspected illegal narcotics were taken from two women at a campground in Vernon Township on July 28. The items were sent to a crime lab for testing.
• Cigarettes and a 12-pack of beer were reported stolen after a burglary was reported at a Martinsville business on July 23.
• Money was reportedly stolen from a table at a Clarksville business on July 30.
• A vehicle was reportedly stolen from a Vernon Township home while the owner was away between July 22 and July 29.
• Cash and personal items were reportedly stolen from a South George Road residence in Vernon Township on July 29.
• Someone reportedly removed a 1999 Chevy Blazer from a Richland Township property on Wednesday, August 3.
• A Vernon Township man reported giving a woman $1,200 as a down payment on a vehicle but hadn’t heard back from her as of August 1.
• A Washington Township man reported August 1 that someone used his personal information to fraudulently set up a satellite service account.
• The owner of a stolen camper reported finding his or her camper on Nauvoo Road in Vernon Township on July 30.
Sheriff’s deputies recently arrested or charged the following people:
• Charges against two unnamed women are pending after deputies searched a South George Road, Vernon Township, home Monday, August 1, and allegedly found drug paraphernalia and narcotics.
• Deputies stopped a car Thursday on Turner Road in Clark Township, arresting the owner, Tonya Pollock, with allegedly possessing drug abuse instruments after they were allegedly found in the car. The unnamed driver of the car was cited with driving under suspension.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.