WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently:
• New Vienna Citizens Center, 12 W. Main St., New Vienna, Sept. 13. Everything looks good.
• Uhl’s IGA #436, East Washington Street, Sabina, Sept. 14. Critical violations: Raw pork sausage found above fully-cooked (RTE) meat in meat display cooler. Raw meat must be stored below RTE food to prevent contamination.
Fish squares packaged by meat department are missing ingredient information. Food packaged for retail sale by RFE must provide ingredient information including allergens. Thermometer missing in prep cooler in deli department. Equipment including TCS foods must have thermometer to monitor temperatures. Verification demonstrating employees know when to report illness is unavailable. This is a new requirement as of 3/1/16. Excessive ice buildup and accumulations found in main walk-in freezer. Ice accumulations found in bakery department walk-in freezer. Ice accumulations found in retail ice cream sales floor freezer. Water leak found on cooling unit of dairy department walk-in cooler. This unit also making unusual sounds. Door handles of bakery doughnut case had tape residues/damaged. Equipment in facility must be maintained in good repair and condition. Excessive ice accumulations should not happen. Repair or replace equipment. Food with these ice accumulations must be removed/destroyed/not for sale. Follow-up is scheduled to check equipment. Residues observed on potato cutter in deli department. Equipment must be maintained in clean condition. Ceiling light fixtures near entry of dairy walk-in cooler were non-working. Wall near mop sink is not sealed and cove trim is missing. Cove trim missing/damaged near 3 sink meat department and near fryers/broasters in deli department. Facility must be maintained in good repair.
• La Bamba of Clinton County, South Street, Wilmington, Sept. 15. Follow-up. There is no clean-up procedure posted in the facility. Left handouts at last inspection. All FSOs must have a clean-up procedure posted in the facility (2nd notice).
Critical violations: The following temperature violations were found on the prep cooler by the grill: Tomatoes 43°F, pickles 43°F, shredded cheese 46°F and banana peppers 43°F. All TCS foods must be kept cold at 41°F or below to prevent bacterial growth (2nd notice). Will return in 10 days to ensure unit is keeping product cold.
Non-working cooler in the back of the facility. All non-working equipment must be removed to reduce clutter.
• Frisch’s Big Boy, 1341 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Sept. 15. Follow-up. Critical violations: The following temperature violations were found on the salad bar: Ranch dressing 46°F, tomato wedges 44°F, salsa 46°F, yogurt 43°F, blue cheese dressing 50°F, cottage cheese 43°F, oranges 43°F and apples 47°F. All TCS foods must be kept cold at 41°F or below to prevent bacterial growth. (2nd notice). PIC stated that they were waiting on part to repair. Food was pulled from salad bar and replaced with new product. The honeydew melon and apple sauce were at 37°F and 35°F. All foods past honeydew melon (halfway down on bar) were above 41°F. (Icing product as they replaced containers.The microwave ovens in the kitchen beside the grill were dirty. All food contact and non-food contact surfaces must be maintained clean (2nd notice). The floor in front of the deep fryers is damaged/broken. All floors must be maintained in good repair. All floors must be maintained smooth and easily cleanable. (3rd notice).
Will return for re-inspection on Sept. 27 (10 days) to ensure salad bar is working properly.
• Happy Wok, 1655 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Sept. 21. Follow-up. (Nine) violations were corrected. The following need improvement/correction: Pan observed on top shelf of Coke cooler catching water drops from cooler equipment, Equipment must be maintained in good repair. PIC stated equipment was services and humidity may be contributing to water drips. Lights ceiling fixtures missing bulbs in kitchen. Facility lighting must be maintained in good repair. Comments: Continue to improve covering foods in coolers (plastic wrap, lids, etc.). Other: Sweet and sour chicken 49°F, egg roll 44°F (Coke reach-in cooler). Cold TCS foods must be maintained 41°F or less to minimize bacteria growth that can cause illness. Hand soap was watered down and had bleach added. Please ensure soap is available for effective hand washing.