BLANCHESTER — The doubles pairing of Kayla Dugger and Wesley Mitchell won the decisive match as Blanchester defeated Felicity 3-2 Tuesday in a Southern Buckeye Athletic and Academic Conference National Division match on the BHS courts.
Dugger and Mitchell overcame a first set loss, survived in the second set then dominated the third set for a 3-6, 7-5, 6-1 win.
“Any time you win a league match with all new players against a much-improved Felicity team, it is a great victory,” BHS head coach Scott Shepard said.
Jacob Miller, a freshman at No. 2 singles, won the first “of what will be many victories in his high school career,” Shepard said, with a 6-4, 6-1 triumph.
Nick Grogg also earned his first career win at third singles for BHS, 6-4, 6-2.
March 29, 2016
@Blanchester High School
Blanchester 3 Felicity 2
• Matt Burden was def by Devin Denune 0-6, 0-6
• Jacob Miller def Jared Boeckman 6-4, 6-1
• Nick Grogg def Dylan Beyer 6-2, 6-2
• Kayla Dugger, Wesley Mitchell def Travis Waters, Ethan Brown 3-6, 7-5, 6-1
• Tomas Oldham, Jed Turpin were def by Logan Cumby, Joey Glassmeyer 4-6, 6-4, 5-7