WILMINGTON — The Wilmington High School tennis team defeated East Clinton 4-1 Wednesday in South Central Ohio League action on the WHS courts.
Wilmington, 9-3 with the win, was led by Matt Keiter, who posted a 2-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-0) win at first singles over Paul Luttrell.
“Matt played great,” WHS coach Steve Reed said. “He was down in the second set and showed wonderful mental toughness to come back and then dominated the super tiebreaker.”
Reed also was pleased with the continued impressive performance of Austin Embree at third singles.
“I look forward to seeing what he can do in the next couple of matches at Centerville (Thursday) and then at home against Chillicothe on Friday,” said Reed.
April 27, 2016
@Wilmington High School
Wilmington 4 East Clinton 1
• Matt Keiter def Paul Luttrell 2-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-0)
• Jonathan Fender was def by Luke Meares 2-6, 1-6
• Austin Embree def Jack Whittenburg 6-0, 6-0
• Drew Moyer, Brady Henry def Jaren Evans, Elijah Howard 6-1, 6-0
• Jack Romer, Sam Stephenson def Levi Bambra, Blake Bronson 6-0, 6-2