MASON — The Wilmington High School tennis season ended Thursday at the Div. I Sectional tournament at Mason High School.
Wilmington had one win on the day, a victory by Brooklyn Nielsen in the first round.
Nielsen finished the season with an overall record of 21-3, which included an 18-3 record at third singles.
Kalista Adkins and Emily Davis combined to post a 16-4 record at second doubles and a 17-4 overall mark.
“This was the strongest lineup we’ve ever had, top to bottom,” WHS coach Doug Cooper said. “They broke or tied so many team records this year and they have accomplished quite a lot individually and as a team. I could not be more proud of all of our players.”
The team finished with a 12-5 overall mark and a 10-2 record in South Central Ohio League play.
The 12 wins tied for the most in a season for a WHS girls squad. The 10 SCOL wins also tied for the most conference wins in a single season. The .705 winning percentage also tied for the best in team history, Cooper said.
October 6, 2016
Div. I Sectional
@Mason High School
• Brooklyn Nielsen def Abbie Wittmeyer (GE) 6-0, 6-0; was def by Amanda Reinhart (MIL) 6-0, 6-0
• Katie Schroeder was def by Haley Guerin (K) 4-6, 6-1, 6-0
• Sophie Reed was def by Olivia Reblando (WH) 6-0, 6-0
• Kalista Adkins, Emily Davis were def by Helen Sotropa, Sarah Wittenbaum (SYC) 6-2, 6-0
• Veronica Ilg, Allie Kees were def by Corrine Cappanai, Ritha Rajagopala (WH) 6-3, 6-1