WILMINGTON — The Wilmington High School tennis match with Western Brown was halted by a rainstorm that moved through the area late Thursday afternoon.
Wilmington led the match 3-1 with one court incomplete.
“They (Western Brown) was missing a couple players, so we know this will be a tougher match when we go down there,” WHS coach Steve Reed.
Wilmington and Western Brown will be league rivals beginning next school year when WHS joins the Southern Buckeye Athletic & Academic Conference’s American Division along with WBHS.
Reed said the second doubles pairing of Daniel Andrews and Jalen Douglas trailed in the second set but rallied to take the match.
“Really proud of how my seniors played at second doubles,” Reed said. “Showed great composure to make a comeback when down in the second set.”
April 20, 2017
@Wilmington High School
Wilmington 3 Western Brown 1, inc
• Jonathan Fender def N. Hiler 6-2, 6-3
• Brady Henry inc with C. Fite 6-3, 5-5, inc
• Brayden Rhoads def K. Luther 6-2, 6-2
• Drew Moyer, Mason McIntosh were def by W. O’Hara, E. Wolf 3-6, 4-6
• Daniel Andrews, Jalen Douglas def J. Finn, W. Kirk 6-3, 7-6 (7-4)